K2 Wind Sustainable Future Scholarship Overview
The Sustainable Future Scholarship is designed to support students attending a high school either partially or fully located within the boundaries of Ashfield, Colborne, Wawanosh Township, where the K2 Wind Facility is located. The Scholarship was created to encourage a student who continually demonstrates their support and contributions to sustainable energy in their local community.
This award will be presented to a grade 12 student who is pursuing a post-secondary education focused on sustainable energy in the fall of 2021. The deadline to apply is May 31st, 2021.
Applicant must submit:
- Completed application form
- 500-word essay describing why they chose their intended field of study
- A 250-word summary of extra-curricular contributions to their school and/or community (with a special focus on contributions to sustainability)
- All required supporting documentation
- Additional supporting documentation:
- Applicant must provide their latest report card
- Applicant must be pursuing post-secondary education in a field related to “sustainable energy” or “environment”
- Applicant must provide proof of acceptance in post-secondary in fall 2021
- Applicant must be a grade 12 student currently attending Goderich District Collegiate Institute, F.E. Madill Secondary School or St. Anne’s Catholic Secondary School